Kelly’s K-9 College Grooming Policies
- Kelly will arrive as close to the scheduled appointment time as possible. However, we will never jeopardize the safety or well-being of our client’s pets by hastening a groom. Nor will we put the stylist at unnecessary risk by rushing to the next appointment. We will call you and advise you of any change in our arrival time.
- You pet’s safety and comfort is our primary concern. Please advise us of and allergies, sensitivities or pre-existing medical conditions so we can avoid aggravating these situations. Please let us know of any prior grooming history you or your pet may not have found totally satisfactory. We want to avoid the repetition of poor or unpleasant experiences or situations.
- We understand some pets are extremely sensitive to certain grooming procedures such as trimming nails, cleaning ears or relieving anal glands. It is not our intent to cause discomfort to your pet. Although these are routine procedures normally performed for the well-being of the pet, Kelly will not continue with any grooming procedure that will cause pain or discomfort to the pet. Sometimes, for the overly sensitive pet, these procedures are best left to the care of a veterinarian.
- At Kelly’s we will NOT demat a pet. Excessive dematting is a painful, time-consuming and costly procedure that causes extreme discomfort and can aggravate (or cause) skin problems. This is a total contradiction to the stress-free philosophy of mobile grooming. Sometimes the pet is so badly matted that the hair must be completely clipped off, allowing new, healthy hair to grow. Excessive matting can be avoided with regular brushing and grooming and we will be happy to show you some brushing techniques for mat prevention.
- Although most pets are very well behaved, not all are “perfect angels.” However, for the benefit of all involved, we will not provide services for attitudes we feel are unsafe and we reserve the right to refuse service to these pets.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment time.
- “No Show” Policy: In the event we arrive for a scheduled, confirmed appointment and find no one there to release the pet to our care, an invoice for the actual “trip fee” will be assessed and left at your door.
- Returned Check Policy: Returned checks will be subject to a $20.00 or 10% returned check fee, whichever amount is greater.
A skilled pet stylist, Kelly believes good grooming is an integral part of the bonding and training process. She offers her grooming service to small dogs, while her husband, James, enjoys working with the larger breeds. Kelly incorporates her training expertise to help pets with behavioral issues learn to tolerate and enjoy the grooming process.
James is a certified graduate of the La Puente school of Dog Grooming. He is an accomplished finishing groomer, specializing in large breed dogs. We specialize in canine oral hygiene care.
If extreme shedding is a problem, Kelly and James offer the “Furminator Shed-less Program”, guaranteed to relieve your pet and your home of excessive hair loss. Ask about this wonderful, additional service.
Our professional grooming can be performed in our small salon, located in the privacy of our home, or at the convenience and comfort of your home in our fully equipped, mobile unit. Students receive half off grooming services while enrolled in training classes.